cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM7 Gatekeeper Trunk rejects calls

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

CM7 -> GK -> CM4 works fine. CM4 -> GK -> CM7 gets admission reject with a Security Denial. CM7 is new install. Attached is the h225 asn1 debug . thoughts are welcome

10 Replies 10

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

are you sure you CM7 is registered endpoint on the GK? Do a show gatekeeper endpoint and see if both CUCMs are registered. If not, I'd start there.

michael_todd
Level 1
Level 1

In the CM7 cluster, make sure that the CM group for the GK trunk contains the UCM server that the GK is trying to register with.

The Trunk is registered with the GK. This is only happening inbound towards the CM7 cluster. Calling out from the CM7 cluster works fine. Maybe something with the hub_none location?

Could be, but most likely its a CSS/PT issue not hitting what you want. Are the lines built with the correct number for incoming or is there a translation going on somehwere?

There is no translation. I am dialing 194554. my zone prefix is 19* I have both 194554 and 4554 as line appearances

Strange, but I can see from the debug h225 asn1 that the the address of the cm7 is all 0's ( ip '00000000'H)

Again, did you check the device pool and UCM group settings of the GK trunk against the IP that the gatekeeper is using to register? If this is wrong the trunk will still register but the calls will fail.

Please attach your GK configuration, are you using multiple zones for your routing or relying on tech-prefix?

Also, please provide "debug gatek main 10" for one of the failed calls.

HTH,

Chris

Nice debug command, definetly easier to read than the h225 asn1. Attached is the files requested, and it definetly shows where I'm failing. Curious as to your thoughts. thanks

CM does not register its endpoints with GK, so prefix routing is not going to work for you. It's going the other way most likely becuase the other CM cluster is registered with the default tech prefix. You have 2 options here:

1. Use different tech-prefix for each CM and include the tech-prefix in your dialing (you can silently prefix it at the route list, route pattern, etc)

2. Use alias command and appropriate parameter changes on CM side to route the calls.

I would stronly recommand first option as it will be maintenance free, keep in mind that GK will not strip off the tech-prefix so on the inboudn side in CM from GK you will need to strip it off via either translation pattern or proper sigDigits config.

HTH,

Chris

this config is working nicely for all my cm4 clusters. I have 16 registrations, which are cm4 pub and sub's from other clusters. cm7 is registered with its sub and backup also.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: