Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CM8 incoming CLID prepend 91 - disable for RDP

CM8.5

Incoming DID calls match translation pattern with a Calling Party Transform Mask "91XXXXXXXXXX", this is done so that IP Phone displays missed or received calls with 91 in front for easy call back.

Now, if I call in from a remote destination of User A to User B, IP Phone of User B presents the call with CLID 91??????8652, where 8652 is the internal extension of the caller User A. It actually puts question marks in the CLID. It makes sense because it normally would just present 8652, but because of the 91XXXXXXXXXX calling party transform mask it transforms it to 91??????8652.

I'm wondering if there is a way to resolve this, I want User B to see just 8652 when calls comes in from User A's remote destination.

If I set "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" in the translation pattern and also set RDP's line appearance external phone number mask to 5555558652, then the call gets presented coming from 9155555558652. Which is not a bad solution, but still not perfect because calling back to 9155555558652 forces the call to go outside while it should just ring 8652 internally. Translating 91555555XXXX to XXXX for outgoing calls is not an option because they sometimes want to test incoming calls to their numbers from inside.

Setting RDP's line appearance external phone number mask to just XXXX doesn't help, it still transforms to 91??????8652.

• IP Telephony
1 REPLY
Green

CM8 incoming CLID prepend 91 - disable for RDP

Hi,

I think you need to look at the incoming gateway from the PSTN.

From wahat you are describing it would seen that the Translation pattern is in the same partition as the phones.

Create a new partition PA-INBOUND-GWAY-XLTNS

Create a new CSS CSS-INBOUND-GWAY-XLTNS

Copy the existing translation pattern and put the new translation in partition PA-INBOUND-GWAY-XLTNS

Keeping the 91 Calling MASK

Give the new Translation access to a CSS that contains partitions for the phones

Give the Gateway access to the new CSS CSS-INBOUND-GWAY-XLTNS

Change the Original Translation pattern removing the 91 Calling transformation mask.

Now the 91 should only be for incoming external calls.

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.