Views
Helpful
Replies

CMBE5K Unity users and AA

Marc El Achkar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a CMBE5K , the CUCM and Unity are on the same hardware, so when I enter the IP 192.168.200.10 i can choose to access the CUCM or unity.

CUCM version: 8.6.2.23900-10 and Unity version: 8.6.2ES69.23900-69

On unity i have a license for 50 Voicemail, and i have setup Autoattendant.

The problem is : Only 50 users can be synched on the unity with the CUCM , so all others users can't be accessed from the AutoAttendant.

And i can't add a user manually without a VoiceMail as the CUCM and Unity are integrated together by default and i dont have an option to add or delete any user from the unity , i can only Import and sync users.

Is there a way to add users in unity so their extension can be reached from the AA menu without taking a license from the 50 Voicemail licenses.

Please note that in Unity>Telephony Integration>Phone System>Edit : Cisco Unity Connection Managers AXL server can't be clicked.

8 Replies 8

Mark Lyman
Level 5
Level 5

You are correct in assuming that other non-configured users cannot be listed in the "dial by name" directory. But they can still have their extensions dialed directly from Unity even though they don't have a mailbox.

But from what I have, the users that are not in the unity can't be dialed by the AA, and i cant find a way to put them in the unity.

I can't create a user without a voicemail in the unity, i can only synch users from CUCM and my 50 licenses for voicemail is full so i cant add more userson unity just to be able to dial them from the AA.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marc,

I'll just add a note to the good thoughts from Mark here (+5 Mark!)

Are you able to configure/add "Contacts" in this version? If so,

that may be the solution to be able to search users via the AA

who don't have an actual mailbox on the system

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young " 

- Dylan

Hi Rob,

Nope unfortunately i cant configure/add contacts.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marc,

Well that bites doesn't it...............

Maybe you should move this conversation over to the BE6K sub-forum and

see if any of the experts there have any thoughts on this

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/voiceandconferencing/be6000

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young " 

- Dylan

Why don't you simply check the "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers"option???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Dear Jaime,

It didn't work.

For example: extension 113 is on CUCM but it doesn't exit on unity, i allowed the above transfer but still its not reachable.

Is there a way to add this extension on Cisco Unity without having a Voicemail in my case? as the add new user does not exist in my unity.

Are the VM ports able to reach that DN via the CSS??

Are the restriction tables allowing that DN??

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java