Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 3.3 + Outlook Dialing

nikalleyne
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I'm trying to integrate my Outlook 2007 (running on Windows 7) with CME 3.3. I followed this document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a008087407f.shtml. I installed all the necessary software did the tests and all looks well. However, when I dial from Outlook I the phone I'm dialing does not ring. Another point to note is that my "show ephone" configuration does not show that the TAPI client has been registered.

- Show ephone

ephone-1 Mac:001A.2F76.EDAB TCP socket:[7] activeLine:0 REGISTERED in SCCP ver 7 and Server in ver 5
mediaActive:0 offhook:0 ringing:0 reset:0 reset_sent:0 paging 0 debug:0
IP:192.168.20.137 14822 7912   keepalive 137 max_line 2 dual-line
button 1: dn 1  number 64046 CH1   IDLE         CH2   IDLE
Username: user1 Password: mypass

-- Show Run

!

ephone-dn  1  dual-line
number 64046
label User1
description 64046
name User1
!

ephone  1
description User1
username "user1" password mypass
mac-address 001A.2F76.EDAB
type 7912
button  1:1
!

On the windows side the Cisco IOS Telephony Service Provider does not seem to retain it's config when I put it in.

See attachment

Nik

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Start updating IOS that is ancient and not worth further attention.

Hi Paolo,

I upgraded to call manager 7. however, I still have the same probelm. Do you have any suggestions

CONFIG (Version=7.1)
=====================
Version 7.1
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
For on-line documentation please see:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

Check again configuration, etc.

I have few clients using this and they say it works fine

Would you be able to say what version of the TAPI Client they are using and where on Cisco's website I can probably find it?

When I test the TAPI config from my workstation and then do a show ephone on the router I can see the TAPI information. However, after the test is finished the TAPI information simply disappears. Also do remember I'm using Windows 7 32Bit