Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

CME 4.0 and company logo

searching around, but no definite answer on this. can anyone assist? NOTE Call Manager Express

thanks

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: CME 4.0 and company logo

Hi Arvind,

I have never tried this, but I think this might be what you are looking for in CME;

System Display Message (Idle URL) for the Cisco IP Phones 7940 and 7940G and Cisco IP Phones 7960 and 7960G

The system display message feature allows you to specify a file to display on Cisco IP Phones 7940 and 7940G and Cisco IP Phone 7960 and 7960G units when they are not in use. You can use this feature to provide the phone display with a system message that is refreshed at configurable intervals, similar to the way that the system text message feature provides a message. The difference between the two is that the system text message feature displays a single line of text at the bottom of the phone display, whereas the system display message feature can use the entire display area and contain graphic images.

To specify a system display message for idle phones, designate a URL that contains an XML file to be displayed on the Cisco IP phones that are not in use. You also specify the refresh interval for the display, in seconds. The file can contain text, icons, or images.

From this CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad85d.html#wp2206032

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Bronze

Im thinking this is a bit different though. i know for a fact that if i go onto a CCM system and put the logo on, it stays there when i put it back on the CME system. however, i dont have the facility anymore to do that type of thing, plus this is a production evnironment and obviously not practical at all.

im sure there must be a way to do it

hey,

did u ever get the solution for this. I am in the same situation. the .xml works fine in CCM, but not in CME. I have used url idle with and without the .xml extension and it will not display

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content