Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.0 Calling outside

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Guys,

Well i am newbie in CCME,i have 1 3845 ISR with CME4.0 installed on it and 2 FXO cards installed.Local call processing is working fine,i need to know how can i make calls outside.

Step by step guide will be appreciated.

Please let me know if more details are required.

Thanks

Mahmood

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

simply add a dial POTS dial peer with the FXO port

ie

dial-peer voice 1 POTS

destination-pattern 9T

port X/X

if you need more instructions for dial-peers there are plenty of guides available in CCO if you search dial-peer

i'd recommend you to read the whole CME guide, covers all you need to know

Configuring Dialing Plans

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmedialp.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Thanks for the reply.

Can u please let me know will this setup is going to work.

we have around 70 7911 ip phones and 3 FXO cards each with 4 ports.

We plan to have a 3 digit internal dial-plan.

We will be having 8 lines from the telco which are i think mapped to a single number.

is there a way that i can group all these lines..?

more questions follow.

Thanks

Mahmood

Hi Mahmoud,

As Java said,it is by dial-peer

And for your last ask

u can say it will be a virtual grouping

u can devide your ports upon your users, make a dedicated ports for managers

It is only with dial-peers

Hi Guys,

Let me explain u all the scenario.

As i said earlier that we have 8 lines from the telco all mapped to the same number.So whoever dials from the outside is going to dial to this number and we want the CME to give options to the caller and ask for the extension which they want to reach.

I was just going through some stuff and came across auto- attendant feature..can u please confirm me that is this the way or there is something else if it then how to configure it.

and i m little bit confused about the dial pattern...?is this appicable in this scenario..?.

Thanks

Mahmood

Hi Java,

Thanks for your reply.

Now i m facing another issue.

We have 8 FXO lines among them 4 are capable of dailing mobile,national and international and 4 for local access,By using the code 9T i m able to dial outside.

But i want to divide the lines as per my requirement i.e for local calls FXO ports which are having local line connected should forward the calls and for other calls it should be routed through other ports.

I know that we can do this with wildcards but i m not able get the concept of it.

Thanks

Mahmood