cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.0 - Cannot create monitor extensions on a 7914 expansion module

todd.carswell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem with a 7914 expansion module attached to a 7960. There are 2 of these 7960's on the CME router, and my client wants both of these phones to have identical monitor extensions. I configured the first phone without any problems, but the 2nd phone is giving me fits! Every time I create a "monitor" extension in the GUI or the CLI, it ALWAYS defaults to "Normal Ring" instead of "monitor".

Is this happening because you cannot have two phones monitoring the same extension in CME 4.0?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not aware of such a limitation. You may want to share some more config detail here, including FW for the phones, etc.

I found the issue: It's a bug with the CME GUI files. The workaround is to configure the monitor extensions manually and update the GUI files with the compatible version.

Very good. In fact you can find that is better to do most of the configuration manually not only because the too many limitation of the current GUI, but also because CLI is more powerful and direct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: