cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.0 Time One Hour Early on 7941 Phones

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

I have a CUCME 4.0 setup with 7911s and 7941 phones. The 7911s are displaying the correct time, but the 7941s are an hour early.

I found an article regarding this but it was for CCM, not CUCME and the resolution, a soft reset, didn't work.

My time settings are:

Global:

clock timezone EST -5

clock summer-time EDT recurring

Under Telephony-service:

time-zone 12

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

slongewa
Level 1
Level 1

You're going to have to upgrade the firmware on the phones if I remember correctly. Default 4.0 didn't have the changes for the new DST change that took place in 2007, so the phones most likely think that DST has already ended.

See article below for additional information.

HTH,

Steve

ncorrect Time Stamp Appears During Extended DST

Daylight Savings Time (DST) changes in the U.S are mandated by U.S. Congress in the Energy Policy Act of 2005 (H.R.6.ENR), Section 110. The new U.S. DST standard is effective as of March 2007.

The operating systems of most Cisco products that support DST have built in mechanisms to automatically change the times. For Cisco Unified CME systems in the U.S. that have not been updated with the new U.S. DST policy changes, time stamps will exhibit a 1-hour time clock offset lasting three weeks beginning at 2 a.m. on the second Sunday in March and another 1-hour time clock offset lasting one week beginning at 2 a.m. on the last Sunday in October.

Step 1 For SCCP Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902G, 7905G, 7912G, 7920, 7921, 7935, 7936, 7940, 7960, and 7985G, modify the current default settings on the Cisco Unified CME router for the new U.S. DST standard by using the clock summer-time command.

Example:

Router# clock summer-time EDT recurring 2 Sun Mar 2:00 1 Sun Nov 2:00

Step 2 For SIP Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G or 7912G, phone user can manually adjust time zone parameter by using the Settings>Network Configuration>Time Zone menu on the phone. For information, see the user documentation at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_user_guide_list.html

Step 3 For SIP Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G and 7960G, update the phone firmware to 8.7(0). For installation information, see Installing and Upgrading Cisco Unified CME Software in the Cisco Unified CME Administration Guide.

Step 4 For Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G, 7911G, 7941G/GE, 7961G/GE, 7970G, or 7971G/GE, update the phone firmware versions as follows. For installation information, see Installing and Upgrading Cisco Unified CME Software in the Cisco Unified CME Administration Guide.

•Cisco Unified CME 3.X, 4.0, and 4.0(X)-8.0(4)SR3 and 8.2(1) or higher versions.

•Cisco Unified CME 4.1-8.2(2)SR1 or a higher version.

Step 5 For Cisco Unified IP Phone 7931, update the phone firmware versions to 8.2(2)SR1 or a higher version. For installation information, see Installing and Upgrading Cisco Unified CME Software in the Cisco Unified CME Administration Guide.

Step 6 For Cisco IP Communicator, upgrade to CIPC version 2.0(2):

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

slongewa
Level 1
Level 1

You're going to have to upgrade the firmware on the phones if I remember correctly. Default 4.0 didn't have the changes for the new DST change that took place in 2007, so the phones most likely think that DST has already ended.

See article below for additional information.

HTH,

Steve

ncorrect Time Stamp Appears During Extended DST

Daylight Savings Time (DST) changes in the U.S are mandated by U.S. Congress in the Energy Policy Act of 2005 (H.R.6.ENR), Section 110. The new U.S. DST standard is effective as of March 2007.

The operating systems of most Cisco products that support DST have built in mechanisms to automatically change the times. For Cisco Unified CME systems in the U.S. that have not been updated with the new U.S. DST policy changes, time stamps will exhibit a 1-hour time clock offset lasting three weeks beginning at 2 a.m. on the second Sunday in March and another 1-hour time clock offset lasting one week beginning at 2 a.m. on the last Sunday in October.

Step 1 For SCCP Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902G, 7905G, 7912G, 7920, 7921, 7935, 7936, 7940, 7960, and 7985G, modify the current default settings on the Cisco Unified CME router for the new U.S. DST standard by using the clock summer-time command.

Example:

Router# clock summer-time EDT recurring 2 Sun Mar 2:00 1 Sun Nov 2:00

Step 2 For SIP Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G or 7912G, phone user can manually adjust time zone parameter by using the Settings>Network Configuration>Time Zone menu on the phone. For information, see the user documentation at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_user_guide_list.html

Step 3 For SIP Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G and 7960G, update the phone firmware to 8.7(0). For installation information, see Installing and Upgrading Cisco Unified CME Software in the Cisco Unified CME Administration Guide.

Step 4 For Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G, 7911G, 7941G/GE, 7961G/GE, 7970G, or 7971G/GE, update the phone firmware versions as follows. For installation information, see Installing and Upgrading Cisco Unified CME Software in the Cisco Unified CME Administration Guide.

•Cisco Unified CME 3.X, 4.0, and 4.0(X)-8.0(4)SR3 and 8.2(1) or higher versions.

•Cisco Unified CME 4.1-8.2(2)SR1 or a higher version.

Step 5 For Cisco Unified IP Phone 7931, update the phone firmware versions to 8.2(2)SR1 or a higher version. For installation information, see Installing and Upgrading Cisco Unified CME Software in the Cisco Unified CME Administration Guide.

Step 6 For Cisco IP Communicator, upgrade to CIPC version 2.0(2):

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gregory,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Steve (+5 points for this Steve :)

Troubleshooting Incorrect Time Stamp on IP Phones in Cisco Unified CME

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/troubleshooting/guide/ts_time.html#wp1053981

This was really covered nicely by Paul in this thread :)

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cbf1665/0

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

What about ccm? I have my Israel site 1 hour behind. According to our IT MGR there, he says DST is changed every year by the gov and does not have preset dates.

So how can I manually change the time for 7971 and 7971 phones on ccm 4.1.3es100

Where do they get the time from

Where can you change the dates to set time zones?

Thanks,

Randall

Yes agreed - very good

best regards

Ajaz

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you both for help. When I was setting this up in the lab the times were displaying correctly, but after that I was told we're getting a 7961 as well, so I had to update the firmware for that.

I brought it back to the original and now all is well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: