cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.1 7970 and 7961 time is fast 1 hr, 7960 time is correct.

Chuck Reid
Level 1
Level 1

Please advice, after upgrading to cme 4.1 and cue 2.3.4, the time on the router and on the 7960 phones is correct, but the time on 7970 and 7961 phones is fast, I installed the latest phone loads for all phones I thought.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For a check, let us know what IOS and phonelods are you running.

Anyway:

1. router time set correctly, possibly via NTP, and dailight time, if applicable, set correctly.

2. timezone under tepehony-service, set correctly.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For a check, let us know what IOS and phonelods are you running.

Anyway:

1. router time set correctly, possibly via NTP, and dailight time, if applicable, set correctly.

2. timezone under tepehony-service, set correctly.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

hi,

I am having the same problem with Ip phones 7941G series.The time is lacking for 2 hours.

I used the following commands

clock timezone utc 1

clock summer-time utc recurring

ntp server 192.168.10.10

and under the telephony-services I made timezone to 23

But it does not help, the same time is on the IP Phones.

I am using CME 4.1 with IOS 12.4(11)XJ

best regards,

Alicic

Which firmware on the phones ?

Also good would be 12.4(11)XJ4 that has many many bug fixes.

Hi,

The firmware on the Phones are

cmterm-7941-7961-sccp.7.0.3.tar

regards,

gajanan.pande
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am not sure with CME but, I have similar issue with 7970 & CCM 4.2.3 I have raised a TAC case for this issue & TAC tried their best to find a work around for it, with no luck. They are going to open a bug for this. Please see, if this resembles with your present issue.

gajanan.pande
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an idea here for this issue.

As 7970 shows 1 hour ahead of normal time, lets put all 7970s in a new device pool & select a timezone which is one hour behind the timezone which is used for other phones.

By doing this & with expected behaviour of 7970, it will show 1 hour ahead, thus matching with other phone's time.

Please see if this helps.

Hello,

I use almost any type of phone including 7970.

Once you have current IOS and FW on the router and phones, the time will show as expected.

And, more often than not, people keep forgetting to put 'type 7970' (or other type) under the 'ephone 1' config. Note that most versions of the CCME 4.2 BU special IOS 12.4(11)XWn using the 4.1.0.1 gui do not correctly add the phone 'type'. This will cause the router to not correctly send the phone timezone info because it does not know which cnf file to send.

May also try cnf-file per-phone-type and cnf-file location flash: which fixes many issues including locale with the 3rd generation phones (7970/7971/7941/7961/7911/7937).

I would recommend IOS 12.4(11)XW2 and phoneloads 8.2.2SR4 for best results with the 3rd generation phones...

Hallo,

In my case there was a 7941 phone added under the ephone 1, I did not foregt it. I thing that mostly it is because of the bugs in the IOS. My phone all of a sudden started to show right time, though I did not change anything in the configuration..

Regards,

Alicic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: