Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.1 - automatic message from xx:yyhours till ww:zz hours

abartolomeu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Is it possible to have within a configurable period of time a message playing when someone calls to a company at night when no one is working?

21 Replies 21

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You can do this using a CUE script.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have no CUE, you can do with AA-BACD, doing a CFA to a special number that will announce and the give the option to dial by extension. Because at that time the call has been answered already, the call need to go in loopback (service works on incoming DP only).

It is not particularly easy to setup, but works.

Once you have configured AA-BACD, write back and I will give you the details on how to setup it.

Thanks for your help.

I'll write you back as soon as I have configured AA-BACD. I'll do it probably some day this week.

Hi!

Should I create two auto-attendance services since I also want callers to hear a welcome message if the call cannot be immediately answered at regular business hours?

Do I really have to use hunt groups? I want to configure this only for one phone.

Thanks

yes you will need to define as many AA as necessary for your needs. Then you can have the operator set CFA to the office hourse message when closed. It is not necessary to use ephone-hunt.

You could use the "call-forward night-service" feature to automatically forward calls to a dial-peer which runs a tcl script to play an out of hours message stored in flash.

I am curious about how the B-ACD option works ?

Phil

The problem with fixed time-based config is that often doesn't reflect the way one a real office works.

For example the operataro is a bit late at work, he gets calls that are no answered. Or when the working hour extended because of additional workload, the "night" config kicks in and prevent calls from being answered live.

The one the integrator is forced to reconfigure each time the hours change, etc.

This is why I always recommend the nigh service to be activated and deactivated manually by the operator.

Hi!

Will the following config work?

application

service chamespera flash:app-b-acd-aa-2.1.2.2.tcl

paramspace english language en

paramspace english index 1

param handoff-string chamespera

param drop-through-prompt _bacd_chamadaemespera.au

param max-time-call-retry 600

paramspace english location flash:

param service-name queue

param aa-pilot 750

param call-retry-timer 15

param drop-through-option 1

param number-of-hunt-grps 1

!

service queue flash:app-b-acd-2.1.2.2.tcl

param queue-len 10

!

Should work when calling 750 or you have translation-rule that changes called number to 750.

Now when you want to set CFA to 750, you need to configure a DP voip in loopback. This is done specifing "incoming called-numer" and "destination-pattern" to be the same, that is 750, destinaion-target same IP address of the router, and of course you service chamaespera.

Hi!

I have inserted the following configuration:

"

application

service queue flash:app-b-acd-2.1.2.2.tcl

param queue-len 10

!

service foradehoras flash:app-b-acd-aa-2.1.2.2.tcl

paramspace english index 1

paramspace english language en

param drop-through-option 1

paramspace english location flash:

param drop-through-prompt _bacd_servicosencerrados.au

param max-time-call-retry 600

param handoff-string foradehoras

param aa-pilot 800

param service-name queue

dial-peer voice 800 voip

description ServicoForaDeHoras

service foradehoras

destination-pattern 800

session target ipv4:192.168.1.254

incoming called-number 800

"

I've also configured a phone to CFA to 800. When I call that phone I hear nothing. It seems like it does not try to do the transfer.

Just one more note - when I was configuring the service parameters I had errors such as:

"Warning: parameter drop-through-prompt has not been registered under foradehoras namespace"

Any clue to overpass this?

Try configuring the following under dial-peer voice 800:

codec g711ulaw

and possibly

no vad

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

Phil

It does not change the situation. When I end dialing the number of the phone it seems like I haven't dialed anything.

Stand by, will look into this and let you know.

Thanks.

I'm getting some help from "partner online" too.

One thing is already corrected and has improved the situation: I've added "param voice-mail xxx" to the configuration.

Now the call is transferred to the aa-pilot number. It is connected. Still I can't hear anything. I can't hear the voice message that is associated to this service. Maybe because of configured "times/timers" issues...?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: