cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.1 BACD Displays Calls on queue on IP Phone

aramos17428
Level 1
Level 1

i'm trying to get the B-ACD configure for lab testing and I'm following the below doc as guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a0080566c4a.shtml#diag

However, the data sheet for CME 4.1 list as one of the System features the following:

? Display of number of calls in queue on IP phone

? Agent log in and log out of B-ACD hunt group.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_data_sheet0900aecd805e1a1f.html

I haven't been able to find a doc that actually shows a graphical depict of the queue showing calls in queue on the IP phone display lets say a 7941G.

Have you seen this working and actually showing how many calls are in queue?

Thanks

Armando

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Armando,

I think the data sheet is incorrect. Calls do no queue directly to phone, but do queue in B-ACD when all hunt-group agents are busy. B-ACD provide statistics about that and there is an spreasheet tool provided by a Sentinel that you can download on CCO and use to analyze B-ACD and hunt-group statistics.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

This will be a big problem! Clearly the document list the displaying of queue calls on the IP Phone. I have a customer that purchase a CME just for that feature (Cisco sales told the customer they could do that.) When I heard that the customer wanted to implement this I was surprised, as not even IPCC express can show the agent the number of calls on queue on the IP Phone display. I will have to contact Cisco and find out if the data sheet is incorrect to list this as an available feature and get some documentation that shows the feature working if this is really possible.

Thanks

Armando

Hi,

I'm quite sure that out of the box, CCME / B-ACD doesn't do that. The phone displays when there no more agents in hunt-group and that's it.

Now, because B-ACD obviously has the data, it _might_ be possible to write an application that pulls data from B-ACD and then pushes to the phone via XML. That would be something completely custom, I'm not aware of an existing application like that.

Good luck!

P.bevilacqua

Thanks for your reply. However, I was really interested in getting this to work. I lab it and it does work as documented, once the call gets to the queue as described by the tcl script for example pilot # 240, the call goes to the queue and actually displays on the IP Phone display how many calls are in queue for the agents associated with the corresponding hunt-group

"1 call in queue"

If another calls comes in and the agents are still on the phone the counter increases

"2 calls in queue" and so on

Now that I know that actually works I will integrate this to the CUE AA.

Thanks

Armando

Hi Armando,

thank you for letting us know. I have B-ACD with hunt-group installed in a customer site and never noticed the message, also because probably their hunt-groups are never full.

I apologize for the confusion for the wrong information I have given and wish you the best luck.

p.bevilacqua

Thanks for taking the time to look at my question.

Armando

'll show how frequently updated value 'calls in queue' on the phone display and in any event appears

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPVOICEK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T9, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc5)

Version 4.1(0)
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: