Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.1 - Intermittent problems with call pickup

esther.tan
Level 1
Level 1

We are facing intermittent problems with call pickup:

1. External Party call in to mainline which rings on receptionist phone (mainline number is translated to DN 611 that is on line 2 of the receptionist phone)

2. User A (in the same pickup group) presses "call pickup" button to answer the phone when receptionist is not around. He is not able to hear the external party (external party can hear him).

This happens intermittently as we have tested this scenario several times at this user's phone. This problem also occurs to the other users' in the office.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which exact IOS are you using ?

gmarkiewicz
Level 1
Level 1

I had similar problem. Maybe it is the same issue that you have.

I've noticed that this problem occurre only when pressing GPickUP and right after taking Handset. Problem did not occurred when pressing GPickUP and taking Handset after >1 second or when taking Handset first and then pressing GPickUP.

I've troubleshoot the problem in a lab and it is probably software bug on 7941 phones that using load SCCP41.8-2-2SR2S

Upgrading firmware on a phones to SCCP41.8-3-4SR1S fixes problem.

Thanks for your advice. I will try to change the phone firmware version to SCCP41.8-3-4SR1S. Currently the phones are running on TERM41.8-2-2SR1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: