cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.1 with multiple interfaces with NAT?

Tristan G
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a 2851 which functions as a NAT gateway to the Internet as well as running CME 4.1. While I can register phones internally without any trouble to the internal IP, I haven't been successful with doing so to the external global IP on the NAT outside interface.

I can't seem to get to TCP port 2000 on the otuside interface(telnet to this port will time out) however if I add a NAT rule to the internal IP (port 2000 tcp), I can connect - but the phone still won't register.

I have tried changing the ip source-address command under telephony-service but this hasn't solved the problem. I haven't explicitly blocked tcp port 2000 with any ACL.

IOS is 12.4(15)T1.

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please specify here the ACL you're using for NAT, if it's of the type "any any", that is causing lack of registration.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please specify here the ACL you're using for NAT, if it's of the type "any any", that is causing lack of registration.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Forgot to mention, remember to place ACL blocking SIP on you router, else you can subject to toll-fraud (very common).

Hi,

I didn't think I was doing this, but it turned out I was doing exactly that! I fixed my NAT ACLs and it's all working a treat :)

That happens a lot. Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: