Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cme 4.3 on a cisco 3745

Hi Guys; Has anyone tried to install cme 4.3 on a cisco 3745 ? If so which IOS version have you tried. I am stuck trying to install cme 4.3 on a 3745 and can not find the right ios. It is for the ccna voice labs. Ram 256, flash 128.

Cheers.

Fereidoun.

27 Replies 27

Hi again; I did configure right up to ip sources address, then it throws up that error. As I am new in ccna voice I am following the ccna offical voice book. I don't know how to configure crf files. Further more there seems to be no \ phone\ directory on CME 4.2. How do I create an phone directory . I tried :

Router(config)#cd flash:

# mkdir phone

It does not accept.

I also tried

Router(config)# mkdir phone.  No Good.

Router(config)#mkdir flash:/phone/  Still no good.

This voice stuff is really picky on the ios and platform.

My last reply is the show command you wanted to see plus some more extras. More than that it just won't take.

Yours.

Fereidoun.

Hi; This is the show I get from the CME router. Please refer to the attached file.

Yours.

Fereidoun.( By theway I really preciate your time on this.).

You still haven't provided me the output I requested to take a look at this:

I asked for the following:

sh run | s telephony|tftp

sh flash:

sh telephony-service tftp

And you've only provided me with the first command's output.

CME, by default, doesn't write CNF files to flash.  It will typically write them to system:its/vrf1/, but you can verify that with the 'sh telephony-service tftp' command.  You can do a 'dir' on the directory which it is aliasing the CNF files to and see if it is building the files.

Have you tried adding a  DN, ephone, time-zone, and then issue 'cre cnf' like I mentioned in the previous post?  Are you following the configuration steps as outlined in the CME Administration Guide?

Hi Steven; I had a problem running the router as per your recommended IOS and CME full 4.2 . I am trying to install it again and then once I have configured it, I will send you. Sorry about this.

Fereidoun.

Hi GUYS;

I managed to install the CME-full-7.1 on cisco 2691 and cisco 3745 and it works fine. I am new to cisco VOICE and it seems that it is not ripped properly yet. Too many loose ends. If anybody wants to know how please let me know and I will reply. P.S. You must have CCO account to dowload the right IOS and CME first.

One more thing; While I was configuring I couldn't get my two 7940's registered yet the softphones from two pc can register very easiely. Anybody knows why please?

Fereidoun.

It sounds like you applied the ZIP file for CME 7.1 onto the 2691 and 3745.  That isn't installing CME 7.1, it just has the supporting files for CME 7.1.  The CME version is directly tied to the version of IOS which you are running, and as I mentioned before, CME 4.2 is the latest you will get running on this platform.  You can verify with 'sh telephony-service'.

So you've actually applied the wrong CME GUI files to the system by using the CME-full-7.1 file.  You'll probably see issues with that.  You should use 12.4(11)XW and the CME 4.2 zip file on the 3745.

For your hard phone registration issue, it could be a few different issues.  Could be a config issue, network issue on the voice vlan, DHCP issue.  Please collect:

sh run

sh ephone ph

sh ip dhcp bind

And get this during a registration attempt:

debug tftp event

debug ephone register

debug ip dhcp server

Note the MAC of the phone not registering.

Hi Steven;

Ok, you may think I am crazy, but here it goes. I tried the IOS you mentioned for 3745 and cme 4.2 , first it took it but it didn't create the right dirctories Ie, phone, and others so I tried again and this time it would not accept the 4.2 at all, very odd indeed. So ::::::

I borrowed and c2811 , installed a oldish IOS : ip servicesk9-mz.124-22.yb1.bin., then installed the cme-full 7.1 on it.  Pulled the compact flash out , stock it into a card reader and copied the files related to 7.1 onto the compact flash cards on 2691 and 3745.

So far no probelm, but I am booting from slot0: So I don't have to re-install the flash if I have to do it again. The cards must be formatted in fat files first before copying the flash and the CME files on them.

I will run those show & debugg commands and send them to you.  This is starting to get interesting now. I thought security courses were full of problems, this is even better. Keeps you on you toes.

By the way any compact disk "extreme type " as flash card works better.!!!!!!!

Fereidoun.

Again, you aren't running CME 7.1 on the 3745.  The version of CME is *directly* tied to the IOS version.  The files on flash don't impact the CME version.  That's just the GUI version, and phone firmware.

Like I mentioned previously, if you issue 'sh telephony-service' you'll see what version of CME you are running on the device.

The only files you need on flash for a phone to register are the phone firmware files.  The config file for the phone is built into memory by default.

Yes you are right. it show version 3.3 on 3745 and version 7.1 on 2811.

Fereidoun.

On 27 September 2010 16:05, sholl

Hi steven; Here are the show and debug commands out put for you.

Thanks again.

Fereidoun.

The issue looks to be here:

*Sep 15 04:27:44.334: skinny_server_process: Socket error. errno=254
*Sep 15 04:27:44.334: CLOSED Skinny socket 1 at hdr errno=254 (3 active)
ECONNRESET:reset by peer

Can you recollect those debugs with the addition of 'debug ip tcp trans' running?  Also include a current configuration.

Hi; Further to our correspondant, here is

the copy of the sh run from both switches. Both of them are C3550's. What does this socket error indicates please ?

Kind regards.

Fereidoun.

Not sure why you pulled the switch configs.  The socket error is likely an issue with TCP/2000 which is were the Skinny communication occurs.

That's why I asked for TCP debugs along with the other debugs during the issue.