cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cme 4.x + isdn problem

tomasz1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all! I`ve got overhellming my head problem. I managed to set up voip network with AA and voicemail, now i want conections for outside calls throught ISDN (bri) interface. I can call out but when call is picked up no sound is heard at all. I do also have a problem with call in. there is one signal and then its answered by AA but again i can`t heatr any voice. Please help.

23 Replies 23

I did upgrade to version: c2801-ipvoicek9-mz.124-11.XJ4 but still the same problem exists :( any help please

Do you still see the same message in log ?

If so it can be an HW problem and you should try a different PVDM2 module.

yes still the same message ;(

i doubt i could be HW problem because when i force phones to use different codecs: one using g711ulaw and second using g729r8 voice is OK. So i think that router in this case is using dsp in proper way. Maybe i should configure dsp farm on my router, but i don`t know how. Please help.

Hi, when you configure phones with different codecs, router doesn't enter the media path unless you also configure "dspfarm-assist" and transcoding.

You could also try removing the PVDM2 and would observe that the phones are still able to talk to each other even when configured with different codecs.

Perhaps you can take some DSP specific debugs to see if other error messages are thrown.

for example what debug would you like to see in order to help me???

Sorry, I can't really tell what would be the "right" one because such a problem never occurred to me. Form the error message above I can tell that something is wrong with the DSP HW, but nothing more specific.

i need to be sure that it is the hardware problem i don`t have different dsp module to use. Can write me how to force phones to use different codec with dsp assist.

You need to configure transcoding as per the administrator guide.

I think that is an overkill just to test an PVDM2 module that should be replaced by simple request from the vendor you bought it from.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: