cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 7.x and CUE

darylpotts
Level 1
Level 1

The question I have is what I call cascading when a message is left in a mailbox for a service organization, for instance.

A message is left in a general delivery and I need to notify a list of upto 10 technicians if the first does not respond to the voicemail it would go to the next tech in line, and so until the message was heard?

1. Tech A--> Mailbox calls out to Cell and then his home number and if he does not answer call to Tech B

2. Tech B--> Mailbox calls out to Cell and then his home number and if he does not answer call to Tech C

If no one answers or checks MB goes back to beginning.

Can this happen using CUE as I only see that you can have 3 cascade levels and not sure what is possible from documentation that I have seen. This would be a large ROI if I can come up with an answer to do away with an answering service monthly charge.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

Message Notification Cascading allows voice mail subscribers to set up a series of notifications to a widening circle of recipients, and lets subscribers define time-based rules to cascade the notifications to other local subscribers in the system. Notifications can't be sent to remote users or external users, and notifications will not cascade for private messages and broadcast messages.

Cascading message notification allows you to set up a series of notifications to a widening circle of recipients. For example, to create a hierarchy of message notifications for a technical support department, set the first message notification to be sent immediately to the front-line technical support representative's pager. You can configure the application to send the next notification after a delay of 15 minutes to the department manager's pager, and then to send a third notification after a delay of 30 minutes to an employee in the problem resolution group. Notifications continue to cascade according to the options selected until the message has been saved or deleted by a recipient.

So what you are saying is that if I need to go to more than a couple of technicians prior to a supervisor I can go to a different mailbox that has personnel assigned to that MBX or how do you get it to the next group? I am confused as to the way I understand it that there are only 2 cascade levels that can repeat but then I read about going to a 3rd and if that is the case does the 3rd point to another group or MBX to continue down the line? If so am I chewing up additional resources such as MBX's etc?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: