Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 8.1 Personal Address Book

jordi.riba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've read that CME 8.1 supports Personal Address Book (PBA) does anyone now how to configure it?

Do you know where I can find CME 8.1 Configuration guide? I cannot find it!

Thanks,

Regads,

Jordi!

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PAB is is not the correct feature name, however they It is configured directly by users accessing the phone UI. This is also present in CME 7.1

The document you are asking, it's called "Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express System Administrator Guide" and easily found with a search in cisco.com.

Hi,

Thanks Paolo!

Here you have where I've read about Personal Address Book

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_qanda_item09186a0080b43d93.shtml#qa7

I think there should be more features.

Regards,

Jordi!

In the official documentation, that is called personal speed-dial and fast-dial. Marketing documents can use different names for ease of understanding.

As mentioned above, editing these from phone UI is also present in 7.1

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Hi Paolo and Jordi...

This has also came to my attention recently with a customer, and although it's convincing that CME only provides "speed-dial", there fact that Q&A specifically stating that it has started supporting personal address book with 8.x, makes me think if there's another feature we're missing?

Yes, Cisco Unified CME provides a personal address book beginning with version 8.x

How would you guys comment on this?

Emre

Again, it's a matter of how things are called. Everything the CME does, it's documented in the administrator guide.