Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CME 8.6 & AIM-CUE CFNA doesn't work, CFA does

Hi Everyone,

I have a basic CME setup with a 3825 running CME 8.6, and an AIM-CUE.  I have run into a problem where missed calls get forwarded to the CUE, but there is no audio transmitted.  This appears to be a transcoding issue, but is hard to explain.  Inbound calls from the outside world are over an H323 trunk, using g729r8.  If an inbound call goes directly to the pilot number, the call proceeds as normal and I can interact with the CUE no problem.  I also have a general delivery mailbox with its own extension (done using call-forward all) and that also works.  However, call-forward noan does not work.

I have verified that when the call is transfered to the CUE in call cases, transcoders are instantiated and moving packets.  Also, if I force the inbound call to G711, it also works on no-answer.  It did work initially, and has stopped working.

I have attached the relevant portions of the router configuration.

To summarize:

G729 & G711 calls to pilot number directly work

G729 & G711 calls to call-forward always extensions work

G729 calls to an extension with noan set do not work, but G711 does.

I can not switch to G711 as the inbound trunks are over a dedicated satellite link.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

Not sure if I'm of any help,

Not sure if I'm of any help, but this is a thought after reading your post:

The AIM-CUE is not supported with that software:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/compatibility/cuecomp.html

Perhaps it has anything to do with your problem.

--
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor: http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni
Views
Helpful
Replies