Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CME 8.6 with Voip.ms - Outbound works, no inbound - UPDATED

Hello again everyone,

I had originally made a post that had asked about this problem and it was immediately noticed that I was not receiving the correct (external IP) IP address assignment on my outside facing ethernet port.  I have since corrected this problem after hours on the phone with comcast.

Here is the updated running-config and the debug ccsip messages.  Instead of having a "BAD HOST" message on the ccsip debug messages I am not receiving a "404 Not Found" message when dialing in along with a fast busy signal.

The system is registering with the SIP service provider correctly. (Voip.ms)

Here is the current layout

Comcast Modem ----->----- Cisco 3825 ------>------ Switch ------>------ IP Phone

I have 2 DID phone numbers purchased.  Neither dial in but both dial out and caller ID works for each number.

The 3825 has an outside IP address on the G0/0 interface and an internat IP address on the G0/1 interface

any recommendations are welcome. 

I have not yet set up sub interfaces for QoS/Vlan segregation for the IP Phones as the switch is a dell powerconnect and I just haven't gotten that far with it yet.

• IP Telephony
Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CME 8.6 with Voip.ms - Outbound works, no inbound - UPDATED

Matt,

So here are my two suggestions do one at a tim.

First I would try binding sip source traffice to my public address...

Second I would create a DN  or assign a secondary number  to a phone with a number that matches the called number.

so 1001 seconary number full number.

I am not seeing your translations happening to convert your number into your private extension.

Let me know if this helps!

3 REPLIES

Matt,

So here are my two suggestions do one at a tim.

First I would try binding sip source traffice to my public address...

Second I would create a DN  or assign a secondary number  to a phone with a number that matches the called number.

so 1001 seconary number full number.

I am not seeing your translations happening to convert your number into your private extension.

Let me know if this helps!

I inserted the bind commands in the voice service voip - SIP area

bind media control source-interface gigabitethernet0/0

and

bind media source-interface gigabitethernet 0/0

NO LUCK

I added the phone numbers to the ephone-dn 1 and ephone-dn 2 area as a secondary number and the calls completed.

IT WORKS !

I had at one point put the external phone nunmbers in as secondary, but had for some reason removed them in my many attemps to fix the config.

I tried removing the bind commands which broke the ability to receive calls.  They were absolutely necessary. 

Thank you Mr. Brunn.  I appreciate your input and look forward to being able to assist you and others in the future should you need it. 

Matt,

I had this exact problem with a sip service provider when I was with a previous company.  When you are stuck in the field with a problem you tend to remenber it.

Happy your part of the community!

No need to call me Mr.

Views
Helpful
Replies