cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 9.0 w/8961 to Exchange 2010 UM (sip to sip)

Marcus Olson
Level 1
Level 1

We have rolled out tons of UC5xx's with Exchange 2010 UM as the voicemail.  We just recently started on our first 89xx/99xx Phone / CME/ISR project and our SCCP phones can call Exchange UM w/o issues however our SIP phones just get a fast busy.  No errors are generated on Exchange UM so it would appear its not even making it there.

Do we need to setup MTP for this?     

4 Replies 4

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure sip to sip is enabled on the CME:

voice service voip

allow-connections sip to sip

Also you may want to debug the sip traffic on the CME to see where/why it is failing exactly.

Changing the dial peer to 5065 worked,  but then DTFM wouldn't work.. changing Exchange UM from TCP to DUAL resolved that.  So now its working.    

Hi Marcus,

Would it be possible for you to post your working CME config?

I've had this on a system where it has been configured to 5065 and was working for a week.

Then Exchange goes ahead and recycles itself and restarts on port 5067.

I understand this is normal operation of the service on Exchange.

It should actually work by sending our calls to 5060, then Exchange will send 302 back to CME and instruct it to go back to the currently active port 5065 or 5067. I haven't played too much with this yet, but it didn't seem to work.

I can work around with another dial peer pointing to 5067, but I'd rather get the 302 working properly.

Not sure if you encountered this after you got it working?

Cheers,

Tim

I wish I could Tim but we were an early adopter on 9.0 on a UC5xx with 89xx/99xx phones and it was so buggy and problematic we wound up selling the phones/etc and changing to a different vendor..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: