I have multicast paging setup for both SCCP and SIP phones. The client complained about not being able to hear the person she was talking to on her SIP phone when an overhead page was made. So I researched this and all I can find is the behavoir of a busy SIP phone when a page is made, but I cannot find any place that talks about turning this off.
Paging Group Support for Cisco Unified SIP IP Phones
Paging provides a one-way voice path from the paging phone to the paged phone. The paged phone automatically answers the page in speakerphone mode with Mute activated. The paged phone receives a page when it is idle or busy. When it is busy with a connected call, the user of the paged phone can hear both the active conversation and whisper paging.
6. Repeat Step 3 to Step 5 to add more Cisco Unified SCCP IP phones to the paging group. Skip Step 7 for each IP phone except for the last one.
7. paging grouppaging-dn-tag, paging-dn-tag
9. voice register dndn-tag
12. Repeat Step 9 to Step 11 to associate more telephone or extension numbers with Cisco Unified SIP IP phones.
13. voice register pool pool-tag
14. id macaddress
15. type phone-type
16. numbertag dn dn-tag
18. Repeat Step 13 to Step 17 to register additional Cisco Unified SIP IP phones to ephone-dn paging directory numbers. Exit from voice register pool configuration mode after each additional phone is registered. After the last phone is added, go directly to Step 19.
If this is completely annoying to the client you could provide a SCCP phone or
firmware image if supported on the model she is using
Yeah, problem is they wanted everyone to have camera phones and the two receptionists needed side cars, so I had to go with the 9951 phones and the CKEMs so I only have two SIP phones in the environment, but the whisper page feature drives them bananas!
IntroductionCUCM Routing RulesDial String implementation PolicyCUCM Routing LogicSIP URI Call Routing Analysis+++ Case Study: 1 ++++++ Case Study: 2 +++Conclusion
Over the last few months, I have had the privilege of working on SI...
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...