Views
Helpful
Replies

CME: Admin Needs To See Phantom Line Ring

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have a unique situation. One I've never encountered on a CME.

We have a subscriber who is the admin for one of our executives. She has the executive's line on her phone to pickup in-case he is unable to. However, if he's on his mainline and he sees a call coming in on his phantom line. He wants his admin to be able to also see this line ringing and be able to pick it up.

Since this isn't an actual line, how can I set up the admin phone to see when this is ringing?

She has a 7961 with only her line and the executive's line.

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes. Please refer to the two configuration alternatives indicated above.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

Hey Ross,

Sorry Page 88 if you are using the top search box (88 of 298) but

Page 78 if scrolling through

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you want her to take calls when he is busy?

What is "his phantom line" ?

Hi p.bevilaqua. Thank you for replying.

Correct.

If he is on a call, he would for her to see his phantom line ringing. There is no actual physical line extension association. All of our subscribers are issued a single DID. Their phones are built with Dual line mode functionality enabled in the extension configuration.

On manager Dn:

ephone-dn xx dual-line

huntstop

call-forward busy yy

Where yy is admin phone. If instead of the above you use

no huntstop

call-forward noan yy timeout 15

That will give manager a chance to look at who is calling before it goes to admin, and is often a preferred setup.

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Will this allow the admin to see that second call while the exec is on the line? Essentially our engineering dept has advised we may have to possibly create an overlay to create a two line appearance of one extension.

You mentioned that admin has already manager DN on a button. She will see all calls coming in. Consequently, you already have what you techies are suggesting.

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds good. I'm going to set up a test line on their CME and test. I'll report back. Thank you for your patience with me

Ok, I've set up my test line on her phone.

Here's my ephone config.

ephone-dn  31
number 8338
label RossTest - 8338
description RossTest - 8338
name RossTest
call-forward busy 2900
call-forward noan 2900 timeout 10
hold-alert 30 originator
ephone-dn-template 1

If I change CFB to admin yy

and change CFNOAN to admin yy timeout xx

Where will the call go if the admin doesn't pickup after ringout?

Yes. Please refer to the two configuration alternatives indicated above.

Finally got a hold of the subscriber for testing. Everything worked fluidly! Thank you for your help.

Having a problem here. We implemented a new system in another facility. They've asked for the admin to be able to answer and see the phantom line ringing. If the executive is on the first line. However, the executive also wants to see the call coming in on the second line when he's already in a call.

I set the ephone profiles up like this:

ephone-dn  4  dual-line
number 503508
label exec
description 503508
name exec
call-forward busy 503506 <-- Admin roll over
call-forward noan 503699 timeout 20
no huntstop

ephone-dn  31  dual-line
number 503506
label admin
description 503506
name admin
call-forward busy 503699
call-forward noan 503699 timeout 30
hold-alert 30 originator

Will this work? And if the call is unanswered, will it go to his voicemail? Or is a change required on CUE for that?

Thank you

Hi Ross,

This config is good

The only issue I see is that the second call will take 20 seconds to roll

to the Admin because of the no huntstop setting. I would go with;

call-forward noan 503699 timeout 4

For CUE;

**Mailbox selection (OCN or LRD)

This configurable option specifies the mailbox to be used in case of call forward.

Mailbox selection: Mailbox in which an incoming voice message is stored. The options are original called number (OCN) or the last redirected number (LRD). LRD is the default option:)

Check out Page 88 of this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/cliadmin/cuecli23.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for responding, Rob.

So.....

The exec, if he's on his line. He'll still see another call ringing in on the phantom line? And he'll still have the ability to answer or let it be answered by the admin, who should also see this line ringing on her phone?

Thank you,

Ross

You bet Ross

Cheers!

Rob

Cool. One last question. When I go to page 88, the topic of the white paper is "Deleting Holidays From the List"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: