Views
Helpful
Replies

CME and FAC for certain extensions only

remi-reszka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to set up FAC (Farced Authorization Code) on CME with voip dial-peers, cors and the build-in script for long distance, mobile and international calls but I don´t want all the users to be afected by that. Of course I already applied CORs for outgoing dial peers and incoming dns but apart we want each user to have his user and pin code to authenticate with before placing expesive calls (to avoid call froud by certain users). The problem is we don´t want managers to be affected by FAC. Is this possible at all? I though of applying some traslation rules to certain dns (the managers dns) so that they would be using different dial plans, those without FAC assigned to them, not sure if it is possible to do so.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please note that in CME, FAC means something else.

Ans yes it is possible, just do not apply restriction to managers phones.

Please note FAC means Forced Authorization Code and also Feature Access Code, I know that. If the first one can be configured under CME that means exactly what it needs to mean. If you want to get involved in this troubleshootig, suggest something rather that making unneeded statements.

Cheers!

Please note that as I had mentioned above, in CME context to which your question relates, FAC does NOT mean Forced Authorization Code.

Then regarding the "unneeded statements", above I gave you the correct answer to your question. If you cannot find it useful, refrain to complain to me, and good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: