Views
Helpful
Replies

CME and Intercom question

dbauman_wan
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am out of buttons on my phones and I need to enable a group of people the ability to Intercom eachother.  Is there a way to use a softkey or a single phone button to extension dial Intercom extensions rather than dedicating a button for every single Intercom extension?

Thanks,

David

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Have you looked into Whisper Intercom? It uses a "dial" sequence

rather than a one to one button relationship

Whisper Intercom

When a phone user dials a whisper intercom line, the called phone automatically answers using speakerphone mode, providing a one-way voice path from the caller to the called party, regardless of whether the called party is busy or idle.

Unlike the standard intercom feature, this feature allows an intercom call to a busy extension. The calling party can only be heard by the recipient. The original caller on the receiving phone does not hear the whisper page. The phone receiving a whisper page displays the extension and name of the party initiating the whisper page and Cisco Unified CME plays a zipzip tone before the called party hears the caller's voice. If the called party wants to speak to the caller, the called party selects the intercom line button on their phone. The lamp for intercom buttons are colored amber to indicate one-way audio for whisper intercom and green to indicate two-way audio for standard intercom.

You must configure a whisper intercom directory number for each phone that requires the Whisper Intercom feature. A whisper intercom directory number can place calls only to another whisper intercom directory number. Calls between a whisper intercom directory number and a standard directory number or intercom directory number are rejected with a busy tone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinter.html

Cheers!

Rob

Looks good minus the ability to barge in on a busy line.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: