Views
Helpful
Replies

CME and PSTN Redundancy?

Tibell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I wonder if CME routers can be configured in a redundat mode for both Internal calls and PSTN inbound and outbound calls. Since we have redundancy for CUCM can any one tell me if it is possible to apply the same concept to CME.

I know that this will require the two routers to have the same or similar hardware configuration. I want to setup two CMEs so that when one CME becomes unavailable, all call processing should fall to the second CME or to share the call processing load between the CMEs.

Is this possible?

If yes, what type of spilter do I need to connect my PSTN lines to the FXO ports on the two routers?

What other components is required?

Where can I get the step-by-step guide to achive this.

I will appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

HI

Refer below link and see section "Redundant Cisco Unified CME Router ". It showshow The FXO line from the PSTN is split using a splitter to get redundancy.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesystm.html.

regards

Ronak Patel

rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The information is really helpful. But can you tell me the exat type of spliter that will work with 2811 routers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: