Views
Helpful
Replies

CME as FallBack to UCM

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I know we can now use CME as a FallBack to UCM but what if there is a situation where you have 1000 phones on Call Manager but a license for 240 phones on CME? Can you specify what phones will be allowed to register to CME and if so how?

Thanks in advance! All replies rated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you simply asign only those phones to a Device Pool with SRST reference, all other phones should not reference SRST in their Device Pool. This is no different than using regular SRST as oppose to CME as SRST.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you simply asign only those phones to a Device Pool with SRST reference, all other phones should not reference SRST in their Device Pool. This is no different than using regular SRST as oppose to CME as SRST.

HTH,

Chris

Do you not need to configure CME to act as SRST i.e you manually have to add the phones, Dial-peers etc the same way as you would for a stand alone CME install- From my thinking the main advantage for fallback to CME is the additional features you get but how long will your site still in SRST mode surely not long enough to have to manage CCM and CME ?

It's up to you, you can configure it to auto provision. Please take a look at this doc for detailed explanation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesrst.html

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: