Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CME as SRST - Paging Problems on 12.4(9)T

Hi. I'm running CME as SRST on a Cisco 2801 and I added an ephone-template for a paging configuration. IP Phones register with the SRST router without any problems but the paging is not working at all. I was using the SRST mode auto-provision none so I change it to all to actually see the configuration with a "show run" and on the configuration under each ephone I have the ephone-template <x>. I went to each ephone and I munually add the paging-dn command and after that paging start to work even if I removed the "paging-dn" command the paging still works. I also have an ephone-dn-template for pickup groups and also for call-forwarding and that one works well.. there is something with the ephone-template and paging that is not working.. is there a mis-configuration or that is not supported on CME-SRST? I tried the same config with 12.4(9)T, 12.4(9)T1,T2 and also with 12.4(11)T that comes with CME 4.0(2).

Any ideas?

-Jose

2 REPLIES

Re: CME as SRST - Paging Problems on 12.4(9)T

Jose,

I'm having a similar issue; running CME 4.0 w/12.4(9)T; but my paging-dn will not work while the phones are registered to the primary CME. I haven't tested SRST yet, but I expect it will fail as well. I have a case opened (leaning toward multicast routing issues).

Re: CME as SRST - Paging Problems on 12.4(9)T

Niederriter,

I opened a tac case for my problem with the ephone-template using cme as srst and it was a bug. Developer sent me a new ios image to test the fix and it works but I think they haven't upload the image to cco yet. With that fix I was able to use the paging-dn under the ephone-template without any problems with my srst phones. I don't remember my tac case because I'm not in front of my pc but I will post the case number later for your reference.

-Jose

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content