Views
Helpful
Replies

CME BRI Card has noise on all calls

pwynne2009
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have just added a BRI card to my CME and i am running a Mobile router (PRO-LINK) through it to handle all cell traffic. all calls are extremely noisey so im guessing I need to adjust the gain and attenuation from the default 0 value. Below is my BRI card config

interface BRI0/3/0
no ip address
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn point-to-point-setup
isdn incoming-voice voice
!
interface BRI0/3/1
no ip address
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn point-to-point-setup
isdn incoming-voice voice

Any suggestions on how I can remove the noise from these lines. I have moved the device away from all electrical devices to rule out X-talk.

Best Regards,

Paul.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

BRIs are digital, so you don't generally get problems like that... it could be a fault somewhere, but may also be the compand-type needs to be changed for your circuits.

Try applying:

compand-type a-law

To each BRI, and then shut/no shut them.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

BRIs are digital, so you don't generally get problems like that... it could be a fault somewhere, but may also be the compand-type needs to be changed for your circuits.

Try applying:

compand-type a-law

To each BRI, and then shut/no shut them.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks a million for that. It has reduced the noise quite a bit but there is still some noise on the line. would it be worth my while playing with the gain and attenuation?

Paul.