Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CME BRI Card has noise on all calls

Hi ,

I have just added a BRI card to my CME and i am running a Mobile router (PRO-LINK) through it to handle all cell traffic. all calls are extremely noisey so im guessing I need to adjust the gain and attenuation from the default 0 value. Below is my BRI card config

interface BRI0/3/0
no ip address
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn point-to-point-setup
isdn incoming-voice voice
!
interface BRI0/3/1
no ip address
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn point-to-point-setup
isdn incoming-voice voice

Any suggestions on how I can remove the noise from these lines. I have moved the device away from all electrical devices to rule out X-talk.

Best Regards,

Paul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: CME BRI Card has noise on all calls

Hi

BRIs are digital, so you don't generally get problems like that... it could be a fault somewhere, but may also be the compand-type needs to be changed for your circuits.

Try applying:

compand-type a-law

To each BRI, and then shut/no shut them.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

BRIs are digital, so you don't generally get problems like that... it could be a fault somewhere, but may also be the compand-type needs to be changed for your circuits.

Try applying:

compand-type a-law

To each BRI, and then shut/no shut them.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks a million for that. It has reduced the noise quite a bit but there is still some noise on the line. would it be worth my while playing with the gain and attenuation?

Paul.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content