Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CME call forward/call park question

Hello

I have recently installed a CME system for a customer and they are reporting the following issue:

They claim that if a phone is forwarded, that phone is unable to pickup parked calls.

Here is the scenario:

·         An attorney sets his phone to forward all calls to his secretary.

·         A call comes in to the attorney’s phone, and goes to the secretaries’ phone as it should, as it is forwarded to it.

·         The secretary answers the phone and determines that it is a call the attorney needs to handle.

·         The secretary then parks the call, walks to theattorney’s office and tells him he need to pick p the parked call.

Everything is good up to this point, and functions just as it always did.

·         Previously, the attorney could just dial theparked call number and pick up the call.

·         However, now when the attorney calls the parked number, it simply initiates a new call back to the secretaries phone.

·         If the secretary does not answer, it willeventually terminate in the attorney’s voicemail.

So, the attorney (or anyone else for that matter) cannot pick up a parked call while their phone is in a Call Forward state.

My question is is this normal behavior or is there something I can do to fix this?

Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.0(1)M1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

router#sh telephony
CONFIG (Version=7.1)
=====================
Version 7.1

Thanks

1 REPLY

Re: CME call forward/call park question

This is the final issue to be resolved on this installation.

Help a brother out!

Views
Helpful
Replies