cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cme cor list expert

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

here is the scenario. I have 3 analog pots lines for inbound and outbound calling. Two of the pots are in a hunt group from the carrier so they ring staff member phones via a plar. the other rings only the ceo. so far so good.

now what they want to happen is this and this is were I need help.

outgoing calls from staff can only use ports 1 and 2

outgoing calls from ceo uses port 3 but if that's busy use port 1 or 2

I can figure out how to have the staff use 1 and 2 and the ceo use port 3 but I can't figure out how to allow ceo to use port 3 then 1 then 2

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

you can use a mixture of trunk-group and dn trunk, no cor required.

On boss's phone, please configure the uppermost button with an additional extension, label it "external". This button will be used for outgoing and incoming external calls, with the precedence you indicated.

Now, please ask the boss to use the upper button for external calls, no access digit required, calling like from home.

If he doesn't like the idea of using one button for external calls and one for internal ones, I will suggest later a workaround. But, the basic technique is the same:

voice-port 0/1

trunk-group staff

connection plar-opx

voice-port 0/2

trunk-group staff

connection plar-opx

voice-port 0/3

trunk-group boss

connection plar-opx 10A

ephone-dn 10 dual

! External for Boss

number 10A

trunk B

ephone 10

name Boss

button 1:10,2:11

dial-peer voice 10 pots

description for staff use only

destination-pattern 9T

trunkgroup staff

dial-peer voice 10 pots

description for staff use only

destination-pattern 9T

trunkgroup staff

dial-peer voice 20 pots

description for boss

destination-pattern BT

trunkgroup boss 10

trunkgroup staff 20

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

thanks for your help. you put me on the right track but I used corlist boss for one number and corlist staff for the other, because what I've read about trunk and maybe I'm wrong is that you can't forward or set noan.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: