Views
Helpful
Replies

CME/CUCME Transfer softkey not available for call to overlay DN on button 2

ccpagel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CME 4.0. We have just provisoned a number of overlay DN's on to the 2nd button of a number of 7941's. However when a call is answered on the overlay DN/Button-2 there's no transfer softkey.

This is available when calling the DN of button 1 (this is NOT an overlay).

Does anyone know whey the transfer softkey would not be available?

Thanks,

Chris

6 Replies 6

ccpagel
Level 1
Level 1

Incorrect version stated above correct version is:

Version 4.2(0)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

It sounds like the second line on the ephones would need to be setup with a Dual Line config;

A dual-line ephone-dn has one virtual voice port and two channels to handle two independent calls. This capacity allows call waiting, call transfer, and conference functions within a single ephone-dn. Dual-line mode is supported on all phone types, but is not appropriate for voice-mail numbers, intercoms, or ephone-dns used for message-waiting indicators, paging, loopback, or hunt groups. Overlays of single-line hunt groups onto dual-line buttons are supported.

Ephone-dns are created in single-line mode if the dual-line keyword is not used. Changing an ephone-dn from dual-line mode to single-line mode (and vice versa) requires that you delete the ephone-dn and then recreate it.

Examples

The following example enters ephone-dn configuration mode to create the ephone-dn 5576:

Router(config)# ephone-dn 1

Router(config-ephone-dn)# number 5576

Router(config-ephone-dn)# exit

The following example creates an ephone-dn with the number 1001 in dual-line mode. The no huntstop command allows calls to continue to hunt to other ephone-dns if this one is busy or does not answer. The huntstop channel command disables call hunting to the second channel of this ephone-dn if the first channel is busy or does not answer.

Router(config)# ephone-dn 10 dual-line

Router(config-ephone-dn)# number 1001

Router(config-ephone-dn)# no huntstop

Router(config-ephone-dn)# huntstop channel

Router(config-ephone-dn)# exit

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

thanks for your reply. I should have already said that the overlay DN's are already dual line. Example below:

ephone-dn 132 dual-line

number 3501

label AA Opt2 Property Mgmt

name AA Opt2 Property Mgmt

call-forward busy 3532

call-forward noan 3532 timeout 8

huntstop channel

Regards,

Chris

has this been resolved. if so please let me know how you resolved it.

thanks

Yes this issue is now resolved.

The fix - do a 'create cnf-files' and reset all phones.

Chris

is that all ??? i'm having simliar issue now.....

I have Cisco 8945 working on CME 8.8, no matter what softkey i put in the template and "transfer" softkey just not showing in the phone screen..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: