cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME & CUE AA Issue

dmckelvey
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a CME install with a CUE module.  We are using the AA for basic call routing.  We have one issue. When we dial the main number it always goes the AA.   There is a generic greeting and you can dial an extension at anytime to reach your party.   However, sometimes when you dial the 2 digit extention you get "are you still there"   It is like it does not recognize the DTMF digits.   It then re-cycles through the greeting and then if you hit the same 2 digit extension again it works.

Has any experience this issue??   Thanks!!

3 Replies 3

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How are the digits coming in?  Where are they coming in from?  PRI?  ITSP SIP trunk?  And how are you configured for DTMF to CUE--is it SIP notify, or RTP-NTE?  More details will let me guide you in what you need to specifically look at.

Likely, you'd want to get debugs, or if possible better would be a packet capture.  Some of the digits may not be coming within proper specification.  Or there could be in-band leakage in the audio stream causing duplicate digits.

If it is a PRI, make sure you don't have excessive input gain on the port, for starters.

Plain ol' 'debug voip ccapi inout' will let you see DTMF being detected on the ingress leg.  You can look for missing or duplicate digits there, at least letting you do problem isolation.  Once you respond with the protocols being used, I can let you know more specific debugs to look at on each leg.

-Steve

Hi, also check if you have configured these commands in your CME.

voice service voip
allow-connections h323 to h323

allow-connections h323 to SIP

allow-connections SIP to h323

HTH

David

David: The 'allow-connections' statements wouldn't cause this issue with DTMF which is being reported by the original poster.  The call would not connect to CUE at all if those commands were an issue.  They have nothing to do with DTMF-relay negotiation.