cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Design Question

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I am a newb to the CME world, so excuse my ignorance.

We have two PRI's existing.  I am looking at 5 remote sites, and we would like to share the PRI's for these remote sites.

I know in the CUCM enviornment, this can be easily done, but not sure if this is possible in CME.  Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use H.323 or SIP dial peers between the CME routers that prefer the PRI for outbound calls. You can also set aside blocks of your DID range on the PRIs for the remote site and use dial peers to forward those calls to the correct CME router.

You will need to use caution to ensure that emergency calls (911) always use a local port.

As stated by Jonathan you accomplish this via dial peers, essentailly you configure the GWs as IP-IP GW and redirect the calls to the main GW via voip dial-peers, in order to enable IP-IP feature you need to allow that by using the following commands:

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

allow-connections sip to sip

I put in both H323 and SIP as I am not sure which one you would prefer, and then you have bi-directional dial peers pointing to and from the main site's GW.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: