Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Faxing Question - 2901 Router

Phil.Garrelhas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We just put in a Cisco 2901 router as our CME/CUE solution with two WIC slots (4 analog ports on each).  This replaced an ICS 7750 solution.

We also have 15 DIDs. I would like to set up one of the DIDs to ring on one of the WIC ports, where a fax machine will be connected to.

Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If your provider sends 10 digits, do this:

dial-peer voice 3011 pots

destination-pattern 6471234567

port 0/2/1

Destination-pattern is the string we use to match for an outbound dial-peer match.  You're essentially assigning the DID directly to the phone by doing this.

EDIT: Removed part about CM, since this is a CME install.  Make sure you have direct-inward-dial configured on your inbound dial-peer match for the POTS side.

If you have issues, run:

debug isdn q931

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vpm sig

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Be more clear: where are your DIDs coming in?  Is that from a PRI?  SIP trunk?  FXS DID?

I assume when you refer to your 'WIC' ports those are FXS ports.  To get the FXS to ring you simply need a POTS dial-peer pointing to the fax machine port, with a destination-pattern to match the length of the DID that is coming in from the DID circuit.

Hello,

My aplogies. I'm a bit new to the backend CLI configuration. I've only worked with the front end GUI.

The DIDs are coming in from a PRI. And yes, I mean FXS ports.

I take it the diap peer would look like this:

!Analog fax machine

destination-pattern 3011

port 0/2/1

What would the corresponding destination pattern be to match the above? The phone company is sending 10 digits. 6471234567 would be the DID in question.

Also, is there a particular significance to the "3011"? Or, can that number be anything as long as its unused?

Thanks,

Phil..

If your provider sends 10 digits, do this:

destination-pattern 6471234567

port 0/2/1

Destination-pattern is the string we use to match for an outbound dial-peer match.  You're essentially assigning the DID directly to the phone by doing this.

EDIT: Removed part about CM, since this is a CME install.  Make sure you have direct-inward-dial configured on your inbound dial-peer match for the POTS side.

If you have issues, run:

debug isdn q931

debug voip ccapi inout

debug vpm sig

Perfect.

That did it!

Thanks!

Phil...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: