cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME gui is only showing 6 speed-dail buttons instead of the 12 that is actually on cisco 6961 phone

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys,

I have a cisco CME as listed below. When I log unto the graphical user interface, it only give me the option to configure 6 speeed-dails even though my cisco 6961 phone has 12 buttons on the side.  When I log unto the CME graphical user interface, it says that the number of speed-dails that I can see will depend on the phone type and the number of buttons configured.

I have configured the phones as 6961 and I even configured a buttons templates that specifically allocates more than 6 buttons for speed-dails but still when I got the user to log out of extension mobility, reset the phone and got the user to log back in again, still, only six buttons were showing on CME gui. even if the user configures the speed-dial via the phone menue, the user cannot use the 7th speed-dial. 

Has anyone where ever come accross this problem?

Cheers

router  detials

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.2(4)M4,

c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-4.M4.bin       

Here my template configs:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ephone-template 15

softkeys hold  Newcall Resume

softkeys idle  Redial Newcall Cfwdall Gpickup

softkeys seized  Redial Callback Cfwdall Endcall Gpickup

softkeys alerting  Callback Endcall

softkeys connected  Hold Endcall Confrn Park Trnsfer

softkeys ringing  Answer

button-layout 1 line

button-layout 2-11 speed-dial softkeys hold  Newcall Resume

here are my phone configs

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ephone  44
mac-address Bxx9.xxxx.7xx8
ephone-template 15
paging-dn 200
type 6961

logout-profile 49     

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Which firmware on the phone ?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi Serenity,

have you checked the ephone-template is configured with the correct number of speed-dials and that template is associated to that phone?

please rate if helpful

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

I think you have to access you CME GUI with the account for EM to allow configure your speed dials. Please find the below link. You can also configure your speed dials using setting button , please find the below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmegui.html

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2012569

Thank you

please  rate all useful information

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

GUI has many limitations and bugs. Use CLI only for sure and fast results.

It is possible to confiugre the speed-dial  via the phone interface and it actually on the phones screen when browsing through the list of speed-dails  but when the button is pressed, it does not do anthing. Even when I configure it on CLI it stil does not work, yet the 6th speed-dail button works but as soon as I configure the seventh one, it does not work.  Even when I configure it via CLI, it's still the same result. No joy.

Which firmware on the phone ?

It was formally SCCP69xx.9-1-1-0 but I changed it to SCCP69xx.9-2-1-0 and then I could configure up to 12 speeddials from the phone interface. only six were still showing on GUI but I did not care about that.

However, as soon we finished the upgrade, multicase paging stopped working.

lol