Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CME: Limiting voice and video bandwidth

Hi team,

We are setting up a Call manager express that will be configured as H 323 Gateway on the Call Manager in our Central site. We want to limit the voice and video bandwidth of calls over the VoIP trunk i.e., WAN link which is only 10 Mbps.

Could you please let me know the ways to achive this Call admission control and bandwidth management on Call Manager express. In Call manager we have Region and Location configurations wherein we can specify the codec per call for audio and video. Also, we can specify the maximum amount of bandwidth allowed for video and video between different locations. How can I achive this on CME?

I have read some previous discussions related to this and read about max-conn in dial-peer configuration which can limit the number of parallel calls via that dial-peer. But, this is not suffient for us.

We want to specify the 1) per call codec for audio and video and also 2) maximum audio and video bandwidth allowed on the VoIP trunk.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suchitra

7 REPLIES
Blue

Hi Suchitra

Voice class codec commands will give you what codec the calls take and max-conn will limit the calls.

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Thanks a lot for the reply, Ronak.

Looks like voice class codec is a command under voice register pool configuration which is used only for SIP phones. We are not using SIP phones and do not have this voice register pool configuration. Could you please clarify here? Also, I have read about the command "maximum bit-rate" under telephony-service-video. Will this be helpful?

Also, regarding max-conn, we have more than 1 dial-peer pointing to the VoIP trunk. What is the best method for configuring max-conn to group the peers to have total maximum connections across all peers without limiting each peer?

Also, in max-conn we specify the number of calls. Is there any way to specify maximum allowed bandwidth for audio and video separately?

Regards,

Suchitra

Blue

Hi

Voice Class Codec is not only for SIP phones it is applied to dial peers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_v1_ps5207_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1106121

Regardss

Ronak patel

Thanks, Ronak. So, I will use "voice class codec" to specify audi codec, telephony-service video

"maximum bit-rate" to select maximum video bandwidth per call for video.

Also, I will use dial-peer "max-conn" to specify the maximum number of calls.

Could you please confirm if this is correct? Also, is there any better method/configuration for achiving this in CME?

Regards,

Suchitra

Blue

Hi

You can use IOS feature which is mentioned below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t11/feature/guide/ftcac58.html

Regards

Ronak Patel

Thanks, Ronak.

Another doubt is if we use "max-conn 7" with dial peer, it allows 7 parallel calls via that dial peer including video, right? Is there a way to control max allowed video bandwidth via that dial-peer separately? ie., 5 calls with video and 2 audio-only calls.

Regards,

Suchitra

Blue

Hi,

I believe it is for voice calls only.

Best  way to achieve your case with both Viceo and voice is using Cisco  Gatekeeper. Gatekeeper can give CAC solution for both Viceo and Video.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps4139/data_sheet_c78_561921.html

Regards

Ronak Patel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content