cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME MoH and IP/gatekeeper call legs versus PSTN calls

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

I recall, in earlier IOS that the CME Multicast Music on Hold worked for PSTN calls but not with IP call legs to other gateways/gatekeepers. Is this still the case in 12.4(15)T? I have a few sites and the music works on a PSTN call leg but not on a call leg going to a gatekeeper via IP (session target ras).

Yet, on some sites with same config the music is heard on the call legs going to the gatekeeper.

The music plays on PSTN, and everything config wise looks right, but on the sites where the music is not being heard on call legs going to gatekeeper I get beeps every few seconds.

At the moment, I can't find the cisco document (older one) on this where it said the CME/SRST music on hold worked on PSTN calls and not others. But, maybe that is not the case anymore and something changed in recent IOS versions.

2 Replies 2

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

This is the older cisco doc I was mentioning, it is for SRST though. Trying to find out if this limitation is still in place yet or not or has changed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/12_2z/12_2zj/srst_v30/srs_cfea.html#wp1338028

Configuring MOH for G.711 VoIP and PSTN Calls

MOH configuration works with G.711 VoIP and PSTN calls only. For all other calls, such as internal calls between Cisco IP phones, a tone is heard. T

Ok. I got this working again. Disregard.

On the newer CME versions, a transcoder is needed to stream the music over G729 voip calls. The dspfarm on the router for some reason or another had stopped working, and I needed to take out all the related sccp and dspfarm commands and reconfigure that from scratch and it is working again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: