cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - Monitor lines cannot be used for full-consult transfer?

mm7482
Level 1
Level 1

I have a receptionist whom I just configured her side car for monitor lines. If she trys to transfer to someone using her monitor line (as a speed dial button) her transfer is immediate. She appears to have lost the ability to perform a two-stage warm transfer where she can consult with the person she is transfering to, without the calling person hearing her conversation.

Under telephony-service, I do have fill-consult, and this did work before I changed her speed dials to monitor lines. Is there anyway to get back that transfer functionality with a monitor line?

Thanks,

Mike.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike/Sankar,

Maybe this is what you are looking for;

Consult Transfer Support for Direct Station Select

For CME 3.2 and later versions, consult transfers can take place during direct station select. The default behavior is a blind transfer. Direct station select is a functionality that allows phone users to transfer calls to idle monitor lines. A monitor line is a line that is shared by two people. Only one person can make and receive calls on the shared line at a time, while the other person, whose line is in monitor mode, is able to see that the line is in use.

Consult transfers to monitor lines are performed with the following steps:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Answer the incoming call.

Step 2 Press the Trnsfer (transfer) soft key.

Step 3 If the monitor lamp is off, press the monitor-line button.

Step 4 Announce the call.

Step 5 Place the handset on hook or press the Trnsfer soft key a second time to transfer the call.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the person sharing the monitor line does not want to accept the call, the person announcing the call can reconnect to the incoming call by pressing the EndCall soft key to terminate the announcement call and pressing the Resume soft key to reconnect to the original caller.

Direct station select consult transfer is enabled with the addition of the dss keyword to the transfer-system full-consult command, which defines the call transfer method for all lines served by the router.

**transfer-system full-consult dss

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad85d.html#wp2238975

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Mike,

I think thats the default behaviour of monitor lines to do a blind transfer. I am not sure if this behaviour can be changed. I will check and let you know.

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I appreciate you looking into this/thanks for the help! Please let me know if you find something.

Mike,

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike/Sankar,

Maybe this is what you are looking for;

Consult Transfer Support for Direct Station Select

For CME 3.2 and later versions, consult transfers can take place during direct station select. The default behavior is a blind transfer. Direct station select is a functionality that allows phone users to transfer calls to idle monitor lines. A monitor line is a line that is shared by two people. Only one person can make and receive calls on the shared line at a time, while the other person, whose line is in monitor mode, is able to see that the line is in use.

Consult transfers to monitor lines are performed with the following steps:

Step 1 Answer the incoming call.

Step 2 Press the Trnsfer (transfer) soft key.

Step 3 If the monitor lamp is off, press the monitor-line button.

Step 4 Announce the call.

Step 5 Place the handset on hook or press the Trnsfer soft key a second time to transfer the call.

If the person sharing the monitor line does not want to accept the call, the person announcing the call can reconnect to the incoming call by pressing the EndCall soft key to terminate the announcement call and pressing the Resume soft key to reconnect to the original caller.

Direct station select consult transfer is enabled with the addition of the dss keyword to the transfer-system full-consult command, which defines the call transfer method for all lines served by the router.

**transfer-system full-consult dss

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad85d.html#wp2238975

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Perhaps that is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I'll enable it for the customer my next trip back. THANKS!

Mike.