cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME New install incoming calls ok outgoing call issue

craig.corbett
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All, not sure why I can't call out the config is attached and would appreciate help.

Incoming calls work fine, so I guess the ISDN config is fine. When I dial the following local number: 902920nnnnnn (n = number between 1-9) unknown number is displayed on the phone, I can't see why the dial peer is not matched. I'm thinking there is an issue with other parts of the config.

Thanks,

Craig.

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, your only active DP for call, tries to match 920 followed by six digits, it that right ?

If you want to see why that fails, enable "debug isdn q931" with "term mon".

Sorry that's right I'm trying to dial a local number 20......

Would I need forward digits 8 and not 6?

I guess thats what the prefix 20 does so forward digits 6 should be ok?

Either use forward-digits 8, OR prefix 20.

In many countries it's also possible NOT to use any prefix digit for external calls, users like that very much because it's like calling from home, just make sure all the internal extensions begin with a digit not used by your contry dialplan.

I see.

I'll be able to run the debug on Monday, I'll post back with the results.

Thanks,

Craig.

Hi, this is the debug output:

core(config-dial-peer)#

Mar 31 13:08:16.227: ISDN BR0/1/0 Q931: Applying typeplan for sw-type 0x1 is 0x0 0x0, Calling num .

Mar 31 13:08:16.227: ISDN BR0/1/0 Q931: Applying typeplan for sw-type 0x1 is 0x0 0x0, Called num 01443123456 <

Mar 31 13:08:16.227: ISDN BR0/1/0 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x01

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0x81

Preferred, B1

Progress Ind i = 0x8183 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Calling Party Number i = 0x0080, '.'

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x80, '01443123456' <

Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

Mar 31 13:08:16.307: ISDN BR0/1/0 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x81

Cause i = 0x82E4 - Invalid information element contents

core-multimedia-cme(config-dial-peer)#

Possibly the switch doesn't like the empty calling number. Try removing it altogether, under DP: "clid strip".

Tried this with no luck.

Honestly I can't remember which type/plan si needed in the UK. Take a trace for an incoming call and so we can set them the same.

Hi this issue is now resolved, I removed “bearer-cap Speech” from voice-port 0/1/0 and that was it.

Yep.. UK is special in that. Other countries don't care.

I have another question relating to my configuration and was wondering if you can help? I have extension 500 shared with two phones. Extension 500 also has a voicemail box. When an outside call comes in both phones will ring, if no one answers a call a voicemail is left, but the voicemail lams on two phones are not illuminated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: