Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Outgoing Call Dial-Peer Issue

lampard1398
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I am using 2811 with Callmanager Express. The router has 4 FXO Port connected to PSTN. Digit "9" is the access code to PSTN.

When I dial 91083 or 9109, it failed with below dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 91T

port 1/0/0

But it work with below dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port 1/0/0

What config is required with destination-pattern 91T to make the call succss?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

The default for a POTS peer is to not forward digits that are matched in the destination pattern. So your 1st peer did not send the 91. The 2nd peer sent everything except the 9, so it worked. You could add forward-digits X and it would send the last X digits dialed. If your users dial 91 plus 10 digits you would set X for 11. You could also avoid the digit timout wait by using a destination pattern of 91..........

Please rate helpful posts.

To add to what dgahm said, please note that the forward-digits method will work only for fixed length numbers, e.g. NANP. For these, you can avoid using the T altogether in the destination-pattern.

Variable length numbers, like international calls, or installation in other countries, will need to use T and translation-rule as I've indicated below.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

remember that by default, pots dial-peer will consume digits matched, so if you want to use a longer destination-pattern, you will need to use configure no digit-strip, and a translation to remove the external access digit only.

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 91T

trasnlation-profile strip9 outgoing

port 1/0/0

voice translation-profile strip9

translate called 100

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 /^9/ //

You can also configure the fxo lines in trunkgroup and this will let you use a single dial-peer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: