Level 1

Good morning,

I have a Call manager (Cisco router 3845) with the following characteristics :

- Product number : C3845-IPVOICEK9-M

- IOS : c3845-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T7.bin

- 2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

- 2 Channelized (E1 or T1)/PRI ports

So my questions are :

- For the backup Call Manager express can we use the router Cisco 3945 (C3945-CME-SRST/k9 ) ?

- The 2 routers (CME and CME backup) have to be the same (same hardware and same software) ?

- Cisco documents shows redundancy with FXO lines (we used a Splitter) what about redundancy with E1 lines ?

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Check this excellent post by Rob.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2070193

Rate all the helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

what about redundancy with E1 lines - you need E1 fail-over switch , search on Internet you will find many product.

Dont forget to rate all the helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jean,

- For the backup Call Manager express can we use the router Cisco 3945 (C3945-CME-SRST/k9 ) ?

[Ans]: Yes but the IOS version should be same.

- The 2 routers (CME and CME backup) have to be the same (same hardware and same software) ?

[Ans]: Only Software version should be same

- Cisco documents shows redundancy with FXO lines (we used a Splitter) what about redundancy with E1 lines ?

[Ans]:

When you are creating any DN on CME it creates a virtual dial-peer  which you cannot modify - you can review all the dial-peers into the  system using 'sh dial-peer voice summary'. Such dial-peers are numbered  with 5digits and you cannot access them to modify.

So make another  dial-peer with the same destination-pattern but with higher preference.  When the phones are not registered it will be forwarded to next  preference and it works.

Example :

Lets suppose we have 1-PRI on CME1 and another PRI on CME2

when a call come from pstn on CME2 PRI [Secondry router] , it should find the phone not registered

then to forward the call to CME1 using voip dial-peer

dial-peer voice 5000 voip
destination-pattern 5...$

session target ipv4:CME1.ip.add

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

Also i found a very good link of google:

http://iwouldratherwatch.blogspot.jp/2008/08/redundant-cme-configuration.html

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hi Nadeem,

Thank you for your answers.

I still have some questions to ask:

- The IOS version for Cisco 3945 is : 15.2(4)M and for Cisco 3845 is : 12.4(15)T7 .So my question is can we upgrade the IOS version of Cisco 3845 to the IOS version 15.2(4)M ?

- In the link that you send me , in the first picture it is correct that the service provider is providing the same number on two differents E1 lines ?

Thank you

Jean Sarkis

The latest ios version for 3845 is 15.1(4)M7... so i would recommend to find same version for 3945..

Yes in that link PSTN is providing same number..

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.