cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - router intermittently releases phone's DHCP addresses

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2851 running 12.4(9)T1 with CME 4.0.0(1) which is the only DHCP server for the voice VLAN. Intermittently, the router log shows "PINGed address 10.1.2.X", unregisters the phone, releases, renews the IP address and the phone re-registers to CME. This happens about daily and to a griup of 5-7 phones each time. I've done bug searches but have found nothing regarding this issue. The CME router is definitely the only device on that VLAN managing addresses and there are only phones on that VLAN.

Thanks for any ideas!

Mike.

3 Replies 3

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

DHCP reporting ping conflict does not necessarily indicate a software failure. It indicates that the DHCP server detects that another machine is using the conflicted address.

I was the one whom created the VLAN/subnet and network and only the phones and router are on the VLAN/subnet. So I know there is nothing else dishing out addresses on the voice VLAN.

I am having the same issue with a 2851 running 12.4(11)XW2 for CME 4.2. 1 DHCP server (the router) and only phones on the VLAN 20.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: