Views
Helpful
Replies

CME RP to CUCM RP

mohamed sebaey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have an update from CME to CUCM configuration , i have a solution VOIP between 14 sites using CME.I need to know best solution for VOIP . I have to upgrade my solution from CME to CUCM. I have to register all remote sites gateway as H323 to do VOIP calls ?. Can i do MGCP ?.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are better of doing H323, howver if you want to use MGCP, then MGCP doesnt use dial-peers. Your E1 channel is controlled by CUCM and calls are routed directly from the gateway to CUCM...

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Aokanlawn

Firstly thank you for your answer and i am so pleased that expert as you help me.I know all of that , my issue as you know on CME , we did dial-peer with session-target ipv4:X.X.X.X  , where X.X.X.X the IP address of remote site. My issue for MGCP , how can the call will route to the remote site without any information about the remote site IP or i have to add all of these gateways as MGCP Gws?. Other Question what about H323 solution , i have to register all remote gateways or CMEs to my CUCM

Thanks

Let me see if I understand you correctly..

1. Currently you have 4 sittes each running CCME

2. You want to migrate these to CUCM.

If this is correct then here is what you need to do

1. Add your CCME gateways as H323 gateways anc ofngiure each of them to route calls to CUCM using voip dial-peers

2. Calls to remote sites will be routed by CUCM,hence you dont need any configuration as you have before...

When all your sites are on CUCM, CUCM will route calls to all the phones. The only dial-peers you need will be for calls to PSTN and calls from PSTN

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thanks for your help , that what i need to confimr about. I will do a test after that i will update you about.

Thanks

OK..Let me get this.. Is this correct?

IP Phone--->.>---CUCM--->>>H323 Gateway-->>>--CCME

I will need you to send the ff log from both the h323 gateway and ccme gateway

• debug voip ccapi inout

Do you know you can register your CCME as H323 gateway to the CUCM and send calls directly to it?

Ok..So you made a call from CCME on extension 39946 to CUCM on extension 22666..The call macthed outbound dial-peer 6..and it was disconnected due to a codec related issue..

-HASA-VG#

*Nov 14 13:18:08.363: //33766/0074CDCE0200/CCAPI/cc_api_call_disconnected:

Cause Value=47, Interface=0x13F18014, Call Id=33766

*Nov 14 13:18:08.363: //33766/0074CDCE0200/CCAPI/cc_api_call_disconnected:

Call Entry(Responsed=TRUE, Cause Value=47, Retry Count=0)

Can you try this please..

conf t

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g729r8

codec preference 2 g711ulaw

codec preference 3 g711alaw

Then apply it to dial-peer 6...

dial-peer voice 6 voip

voice-class codec 1

Test again and send me the ff if it doesnt work...Please ensure you are testing from the same number etc

debug voip ccapi inout

debug h225 asn1

debug h245 asn1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: