cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME serial configurations

roseeng69
Level 1
Level 1

We are upgrading our circuit from 16 channels to a full E1 with 30 channels. I am able to change the pri-group timeslots to 1-31. When I sh ip interface brief I see all the channels displayed. My question is does the int S0/0/0:15 need to be modified to s0/0/0:31 to reflect the other channels or will all the channels still be available under the S0/0/0:15?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

6 Replies 6

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

u dont need to change it

S0/0/0:15 is the one u need

basicly the channel 16 is the D channel for E1 if u use all chaneels or 4 channells

if helpful Rate

Hi Marwan,

Thanks so much for replying. I am changing from 16 channels to 31 channels. Doesn't the serial interface have to reflect the 31 channels instead of the 16? How would I make that change?

Thank you!

the channel 16 will remain the D channel regardless howmany channels u are running

if helpful Rate

for your information

pri-group timeslots (1-31) for E1. This command associates the specified timeslots as ISDN channels. If you do not specify timeslots, all B-channels are associated to the PRI group. It is important to understand that the D-channel is always added to the pri-group, even if it is not explicitly specified, because it is required for signaling

hope this helpful

Hi Marwan,

Thank you so much for your quick response. I appreciate all your help!

u welcome

please, rate the helpful post