Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CME-SRST Dial-Peer Preference

We are trying to setup SRST-CME. We are having issues with dial-peers and preference.

We have normal dial-peers that send calls to CallManager where it chops off the first digit for our 3 digit extensions. When I build the CME-SRST config on the router, the ephone-dns are taking a higher preference than the dial-peer to send the calls to CallManager. So, even when the CallManager is live, the DIDs are going to the CME and getting fast busys since no phones are registered.

Please help.

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: CME-SRST Dial-Peer Preference

Please add the "no huntstop" on the ephone-dns.

HTH,

Chris

I found the answer. Thanks for the help though.

VIP Super Bronze

Hi,

Whats the answer? Im curious

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

I created secondary extensions on the phones with their 4 digit DIDs and giving those secondary extensions a preferrnce of 5. I then created a dial peer with a $ at the end and preference of 1 pointing to CallManager. So when the CallMangager is up, it uses the preference 1 dial-peer. When it is down, the router uses the "virtual" CME dial-peer.

Could you post an example of this?

Views
Helpful
Replies