cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - stripping a prefix digit

jelzein
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I'm having a small dial-peer issue for outbound international calls in CME. The dial-peer is as follows:

dial-peer voice 5 pots

destination-pattern 9011T

port 0/1/0:23

forward-digits 11

prefix 011

You can see off the bat that the number of digits i'm forwarding (11) doesn't cover all international numbers...some have 12, 13, 14, etc. I tried forwarding all the digits and removing the "prefix 011" statement, but then telco was getting the "9" prefix users are dialing, causing the call the fail. My workaround so far was creating a dial-peer for all the major country codes we're using, then passing the proper number of digits. This isn't pretty and is a big headache.

So, what I need to figure out is how to have a single international dial-peer (9011T) and pass all but the "9" to telco.

(my other option is to ask users to stop dialing "9" for international calls and change the match string, but that wouldn't be preferred).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jad,

Type the command "default forward-digits".

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jad,

Just remove the "forward-digits 11" command from this dial peer. With a POTS dial peer, explicitly matched digits are discarded. So, in this case 9011 will be discarded. The "prefix 011" will add 011 back to the rest of the digits.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon, that's for the response. That is one of the first things I tried. Unfortunately, if I do a "no forward digits 11", it automatically populated it with "forward-digits 0". Then the only thing being passed is the prefix (011).

Jad

Jad,

Type the command "default forward-digits".

Brandon

Doh! That worked - Thanks!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: