Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME support for 2N VoiceBlue GSM gateway

Hello,

We bought a new Cisco 2921 router and a gsm gateway device known as 2N VoiceBlue lite. We configured the router as CME in SRST mode. However we are having problems connecting to this gsm gateway by the normal sip trunk. Please any one with this kind of experience or a solution.

Thanks,

Chinenye

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all why SRST? With no CM you shoudl have CME mode.

Other than that, it should work.

Hello peeps,

I need an urgent help here. I have a Cisco 2901V/K9 bundle and procured a 2N® BlueTower VoIP GSM gateway. I have configured all the IP phones and they are all registered and works fine. The challenge I have is integrating the 2N BlueTower VOIP GSM gateway. Can anyone share how I can get this integrated together please?

Hi,

Below is the recent discussion here;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12447671/cme-and-analog-voice-gateways

Although that discussion was for Grandstream gateway but logical configuration will remain same.

Thanks

Vivek

Hello Paolo,

Thanks for the response. There's a Call Manager at Headquarters, linked to this CME.

Regards,

Chinenye

You should then configure the device directly on CM, not router.

Paolo,

We have the CM in another country. We are connected through IPSec VPN. We have a vision to configure the 2N VoiceBlue devices in every of our locations to connect directly to the GSM networks. Are you saying we cannot configure the device with SRST present?

Thanks,

Chinenye

As mentioned above already:

Since your phones are controlled by CM, you must first configure any PSTN gateway in CM.

If you are not familiar / not experienced / not certified for operating a CM, recommend you contact a reptuable consultant, or certified Cisco Partner.

Hello Paolo,

Thanks for your ideas. I think they're reasonable. I'll try to get management rethink it's policy based on technical limitations.

Chinenye