cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME time issue

Abhijit.Das
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CME 4.0(3) on a 2821 series router. Router is in sync with NTP routers & the router is displaying correct time ( after the DST change). But phones are still showing old times, one hour behind correct DST time.

Before DST was applied on 30th March in Europe timings on all phones were correct.

Resetting phones doesn't help. Any other solution? I am not sure that a reboot of the router of resetting the CME module will help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, according to official sources, the correct designation for daylight saving in Europe is CEST. It is called so to avoid confusion with the American timezones.

Then again whatever abbreviation you use won't make a difference.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have a command like

clock summer-time CEST recurring last Sun Mar 2:00 last Sun Oct 2:00

in config ?

Paolo,

Thanks for the reply. No, we don't have this command on the router.

One more thing - the router is in Eastern Europe, CET timezone. DST is applicable from 30th March. Anything extra I need to do on account of this?

Regards,

Abhijit Das.

Hi, DST has "moving dates" each year. The command I suggested above is applicable in Europe for the foreseeable future.

Thanks Paolo,

Will try this out & keep you updated.

Have a nice day.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit Das.

Paolo,

One more input - NTP is synced with NTP router. One interesting thing, sh clock shows router is behind by one hour, while CME (web-admin page) System Parameters -> System time shows the correct time.

harmit
Level 1
Level 1

On CCME confirm below mentioned command:

For India:

On Router:

clock timezone IST 5 30

clock calendar-valid

network-clock-participate wic 1

On Telephony service:

time-zone 39

create cnf-files version-stamp 7960 Mar 19 2008 10:21:13

If you make the NTP server on router itself,this may solve your problem

If CUE is Alos there,try below mentioned command,and reboot the phones.

ntp server 10.194.56.10 prefer

10.194.56.10---Router IP

Harmit,

NTP is synced with NTP router. One interesting thing, sh clock shows router is behind by one hour, while CME (web-admin page) System Parameters -> System time shows the correct time.

Regards,

Abhijit Das.

Hi Abhijit,

Hope all is well my friend :) You may also have a phone firmware issue. Check this out if you are using "Java Based" IP Phone models. These would be the minimum recommended firmware versions;

CME - DST changes are outlined in this doc;

Field Notice: FN - 62686 - U.S. Daylight Saving Time (DST) Policy Changes Effective March 2007 - Cisco CallManager Express (CCME)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_field_notice09186a00807e9632.shtml

Customers who are using the following Cisco Unified IP phone models:

7971-GE

are required to upgrade to the following phone firmware to display the correct time:

* CCME 3.X, 4.0 and 4.0(x) customers need to upgrade the phone load to 8.0(4)SR2.

* CCME 4.1 and 7931 customers need to upgrade the phone load to 8.2(2)SR2.

The new Firmware will need to be copied onto Flash) Here's how;

SCCP: Upgrading or Downgrading Phone Firmware Between Versions

To downgrade or upgrade firmware versions on a Cisco Unified IP phone running SCCP, perform the following steps.

Prerequisites

Phone firmware for Cisco Unified IP phones to be connected to Cisco Unified CME, including all versions required during an upgrade or downgrade sequence, must be loaded in the ***flash memory of the TFTP server from which the phones download their configuration profiles. For information about installing firmware files in flash memory,

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. telephony-service

4. load phone-type firmware-file

5. create cnf

6. end

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinstl.html#wp1070512

Installing Cisco Unified CME Software

To install Cisco Unified CME in flash memory, perform the following steps.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. Go to Software Download site.

2. Download archive.

3. Extract files to be downloaded.

4. Use the copy or archive tar command to copy file to flash memory.

5. Use the show flash: command to list files in flash memory.

DETAILED STEPS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Go to http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-key.

Step 2 Select the file to download.

Step 3 Download zip file to tftp server.

Step 4 Use the zip program to extract the file to be installed, then:

a. If the file is an individual file, use the copy command to copy the files to router flash:

Router# copy tftp://x.x.x.x/P00307020300.sbn flash:

b. If the file is a tar file, use the archive tar command to extract the files to flash memory.

Router# archive tar /xtract source-url flash:/file-url

Step 5 Verify the installation. Use the show flash: command to list the files installed in in flash memory.

Router# show flash:

31 128996 Sep 19 2005 12:19:02 -07:00 P00307020300.bin

32 461 Sep 19 2005 12:19:02 -07:00 P00307020300.loads

33 681290 Sep 19 2005 12:19:04 -07:00 P00307020300.sb2

34 129400 Sep 19 2005 12:19:04 -07:00 P00307020300.sbn

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinstl.html#wp998282

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Hope all's well with you dear friend!! :-)

I have gone through a post of yours ( DST time , 28th March) where I found the new US DST policies).

I strongly feel that "clock summer-time EDT recurring 2 Sun Mar 2:00 1 Sun Nov 2:00" will fix this issue.

A few points though :

The router is in Eastern Europe, timezone CET, so instead of EDT, we put CET or CDT ( not sure about CDT).

"sh clock" shows incorrect time, but CME web-interface ( System Parameters) shows correct time.

We are using 7911, 7912's & 7940's. I don't think these are Java phones. Further, we have the latest load for 7911, 8.0(4)SR2. ( this load fixed a time issue faced by 7911's & the solution was yours :-) )

Time-zone is already set, "clock timezone CET 1" present on the router.

Kindly let me know if anything else is required.

Regards,

Abhijit.

Hi Abhijit,

Life is good, we are getting a new ES soon to fix the upgrade problem we had on the weekend :) I think CME Master Paolo has certainly given you the correct info that I feel confident will fix the issue.

For your question;

"we put CET or CDT ( not sure about CDT)."

I think CET will work!

Troubleshooting Incorrect Time Stamp on IP Phones in Cisco Unified CME

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/troubleshooting/guide/ts_time.html#wp1053981

Take care Abhijit!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks again. Alas I am not doing that good. Lot of cost-cutting going on in my firm & my salary is being cut every month (-:

It's the love for IP Telephony which keeps me going.

Pray that your issues are fixed with the new ES.

Take care dear friend,

Abhijit.

Hi, according to official sources, the correct designation for daylight saving in Europe is CEST. It is called so to avoid confusion with the American timezones.

Then again whatever abbreviation you use won't make a difference.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Paolo,

Don't have sufficient words to thank you & Rob & all the wonderful guys out in Netpro. This is what keeps me going in tough times like these!!

Thanks again for taking time out to help me.

Have a nice day,

Regards,

Abhijit Das.

Hi Abhijit,

You are always welcome my friend! Keep your head up and keep learning "remember, behind every dark cloud is a silver lining"

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: