cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME UC520 Configure FXS port

craig.corbett
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I'm having trouble getting a normal analogue phone to ring or get a dial tone when connected to a FXS port on a UC520. I've gone back to a default configuration for the device and would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

Craig.

23 Replies 23

Will it be ok if I cut off the wires one end ?

Woops, I think the following applies to you, so you need an adapter. Or just another phone:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800e372f.shtml

I'm not 100% sure that this is the issue, but I would like to get hold of an adaptor to try to make sure.

I'll try an get hold of one and post back the results.

thanks,

Craig.

Have got hold of a basic non BT phone still no luck. When I call the Analogue phone, the LED lights on the FXS port but nothing happens with the phone?

If you lift, can you talk?

If so, seems like the ring generator is not working in which case the card would need to be replaced.

No it's although the analogue phone doesn't exist. The IP phones are fine.

You say that when you call it the led phone lights, so in some wat it does exist. You can send output of "debug vpm signal" when trying to use it.

I've tried the debug before with no joy; I'm suspecting it's the cable now. I'm in the uk and using the straight through Rj11 with the two centre pins being used. I'm suspecting now that this shouldn't be the case?

That is the right cable.

Why don't you try an IOS upgrade to XW6 ?

You case is so strange than anything can be beneficial.